As a good friend told me this evening, I manage tough situations by “visiting” them from time to time; I don’t stick around for long stretches of despair. I never thought of it that way, but she’s right. I don’t like to wallow.
Life’s been a little harder than usual lately. My heart is tethered to people I love but can’t seem to help. I’m frustrated about personal situations I cannot seem to change. And of course there’s health-related challenges. Lupus crap is always just below the surface of everything, waiting to get worse.
But today I’m giving thanks for the little things in life.
Sometimes the little big things are enough to keep me going.
Such as …….
* Fresh 600-count sheets on my bed.
* New socks.
* YouTube crazy cat videos.
* Silly phone messages from my son.
* Tickets to see James Taylor next month.
* Taking stuff to the recycling center.
* Reading a great book.
* Somebody else cooking dinner.
* A new shower head that feels like a spa experience.
* Putting all the groceries away, the laundry folded, and a clean house.
* Getting a hug from a favorite three-year-old, who just said “I love you.”
* A new bar of shea butter soap.
* Eight hours of sleep.
What are the little big things in your life?