Dear, sweet Joan over at Whatever I Think recently gave me five questions to answer. Thanks Joan! I love to be interviewed. And some of these were hard questions! Thank God I’m not getting graded on this 🙂
1. We know you have had lupus for a long time, yet you still manage to stay strong. How have you managed to keep up the fight against such a disease?
Sometimes I honestly don’t know why I haven’t lost my sanity. I have a wonderful support system. That helps a lot. Mostly it’s because I have hope for a cure, and faith to keep on believing … as in stubborn. I’ve also learned (the hard way) how to take care of myself and understand my limitations and strengths. For those of us with lupus, or any chronic incurable disease, research and medicine has enabled us to live fairly normal lives. 50 years ago, I probably would have died from some complication of lupus. A sense of humor always helps. And a good therapist!
2. You like to cook. What is your signature dish? (I sound like Gordon Ramsey.) In other words, what does your son say is the best dish you cook?
Gordon Ramsey would chase me out of his kitchen! My son, on the other hand, is less critical. Actually, he eats just about anything. I make pretty good chili. At least nobody’s has gotten sick after eating it!
3. If you had to pick a reality show to be on what would it be and why?
Wow! How cool would THAT be!!! First thing that came to mind would be X-Treme Home Makeover – Home Edition. A dream home would be fantastic. I could have all the windows UVA/UVB treated, a laundry room off the kitchen, temperature controlled screened in porch … a veritable Lupus Survivor paradise!
However, if they’re recruiting for Ghost Hunters, count me in! 🙂
4. You are an X-Files fan. Do you believe there are sentient beings (besides us) somewhere in the universe?
I would like to think there are. The universe is so vast, it’s seems a bit naive to assume that we’re the only evolved life form inhabiting it. And whoever else might be “out there” I hope they’re peaceful and intelligent!
5. Singing is very important to you. What type of music do you enjoy the most and who is your favorite singer?
I’m pretty much a classic rock fan. Having said that, I also have a broad range of musical tastes, from Chopin to Steely Dan to Lyle Lovett, to Gershwin to Coldplay, Bonnie Raitt, CSNY, Winston Marcellas, Bela Fleck and Nickel Creek. And that’s just for starters.
I honestly can’t choose just ONE.
As for singers, there are thousands of great vocalists that never make the big time. They’re in our citys, our nightclubs and choruses. They sing at church and do freelance pickup studio work. The amount of talent out there is staggering. As a vocalist, a guitarist and a small-time producer, the singing talent that has influenced me throughout my life are from this group of fine musicians. They are not famous but they inspired me. Their music is on the sideline of their lives because they have to pay the bills. But their talent is honest and true. So go out there and support your local musicians! Go to their gigs and buy their CD’s.
If you would like ME to interview YOU, here’s the drill:
1. Leave me a comment saying “interview me.”
2. I will email you five questions.
3. You will answer the questions on your blog.
Thanks for taking the time to read my interview!!!