This is not a Top Ten list. I love them all the same. Jeepers, that sounds like my mother talking. Or Oprah, or David Letterman … but these are not favorites so maybe I’m in the clear.
1. SPENDING THE DAY AT THE SHORE. Don’t really care about exactly where the water is.
2. MANICURES & PEDICURES. Helps to keep me feeling fairly normal in a crazy world.
3. ACTION MOVIES ON THE BIG SCREEN. There’s also the cheap thrill of smuggling your own snacks to the theater.
4. PINO GRIGIO. Need I say more?
5. PARADES. Bring your own chair because the one in the car trunk is mine!
6. A GOOD BOOK. And why are readers always described as voracious? It sounds like an eating frenzy. Hey … I might be on to something.
7. DARK CHOCOLATE. 75% cacao or higher, please.
8. PLAYING THE MUSIC I LIKE *REALLY LOUD* ON A GOOD STEREO. Live with it because I’m not turning it down any time soon.
9. SINGING TO THE MUSIC I LIKE. I’m an alto and can find the harmony just about anywhere. Plus I can sing, which really helps.
10. SPENDING TIME WITH PEOPLE I LOVE. A short list, mind you. They know who they are.
11. OUTRAGEOUSLY GREAT SEX. Alright, this makes Number 11 on the list, but it was way too important to leave off. Think of it as an addendum. Or an appendage. Or both.
12. ROAD TRIPS IN THE CAR. No preference on where the car is headed, as long as I can sit in the front seat or drive. You don’t want me to get carsick.
13. CUDDLE TIME WITH A NICE KITTY. Like with the kitty on the left named Bug.